Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association – Fundraising Manager (Maternity Cover)
Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association
Maternity Cover – minimum 9 months (Fixed Term contract)
The Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association (IMNDA, CHY 8510) is the only organisation of its kind in the country. We are dedicated to working on behalf of people living with Motor Neurone Disease and their families and carers. Our key services include home visiting by 2 MND nurses, financial assistance towards home care and the supply of specialised equipment on loan. We also fund research into the causes and treatments of MND.
Fundraising is vital to the Association making up over 86% of our income. We have a recruitment opportunity for a Fundraising Manager to cover maternity leave. The applicant should be self-driven and dedicated and will lead our fundraising team for the remainder of 2015 whilst strategically planning for 2016.
To coordinate, drive and deliver all fundraising activities in line with national and regional plans and strategies. To achieve this by working closely with the Regional Development Officer and managing and supporting the PR, Communications & Fundraising Officer and the Accounts Technician.
- Putting the supporter first:
- Recruiting new supporters and building on relationships with current ones in order to generate income, develop loyalty and raise awareness
- Ensure the development and delivery of both local fundraising plans and activities and the roll-out of national campaign
- Represent and act as an ambassador of the IMNDA in order to build existing and recruit new support
- Sourcing and ordering all fundraising products and promotional materials ensuring stock is replenished as and when required
- Strategy/Planning and Finance:
- Working with the PR, Communications & Fundraising Officer and Regional Development Officer to deliver all fundraising campaigns and strategically plan the IMNDA 2016 Events Calendar
- Develop and manage a wide-range of fundraising events/campaigns whilst been conversant with all fundraising regulations
- Researching and identifying new income generation opportunities e.g major donors, Direct Mail, legacy fundraising, corporate, new events etc and share with the IMNDA team
- Ensuring that accurate and up to date financial and supporter records are maintained and accessible in Salesforce
- Participate in the continual review, development and evaluation of fundraising events and activities adjusting as necessary and provide reports upon request from CEO
- Liaise with other voluntary organisations to avoid competition with fundraising activities and to help develop new ideas
- Plan and manage time in a cost effective manner, ensuring that all efforts are focused on activities which maximize the potential for income and awareness raising
- Cash handling, banking, ensuring the acknowledging and receipting of income from all channels is carried out in accordance with IMNDA policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality regarding supporter information at all times, and to ensure compliance with the Data Protection Act
- Keep up-to-date with the current issues and developments in the fundraising arena Establish memberships and liaise with local bodies, agencies and other associations to ensure industry best practice. Undertake training as necessary.
- Provide occasional support in the event that another team in the department has an urgent need
- Assist with special projects as required or self-determined to enhance the Associations fundraising capacity and/or programmatic objectives
- This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements of the Association at any time after discussion with the post holder.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Basic Accountancy knowledge
- Proven track record in managing staff
- Understanding of the voluntary sector
- Proficient in Salesforce
- Experience using Accounts package Accounts IQ or similar
- PR Experience
- Experience administrating a charity account in mycharity.ie
- Assisting with keeping website up to date
- Dealing with online donations through Realex
- Updating social media
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Proactive with an ability to work independently
- Good team player
- Ability to work under pressure, be adaptable and flexible and be prepared for the unexpected!
Weekend and evening work will be required.
Please apply by emailing your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 5pm on 18th February
Interviews are expected to take place on: 27th February.
The Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER.