The IMNDA are looking for a Services Administrator to join our team. This is a full time position located in our office in Coleraine House, Coleraine Street in Dublin 7. Closing date for applications is 12noon on the 19th of February.
Job: Services Administrator
Hours: Full Time
Reporting to: Service Manager
The Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association (IMNDA) was set up in May 1985. We are the only organisation in Ireland providing care and support to people with Motor Neurone Disease (MND), their families, friends and carers.
Our services include home visiting by an MND nurse, financial assistance towards home care help and the provision of specialist medical equipment on loan free of charge to our clients, publications on MND and home visits & supports from an Association Visitor. We also support research into the causes and treatment of the disease by providing funds towards scientific and medical research of the highest quality specific to MND.
There are currently over 351 people living with MND in Ireland. MND is often referred to as the 1,000 day disease as most people die within 1,000 days of being diagnosed. In the IMNDA we strive to ensure that each person receives the care and support that they require to enable them to continue to live as active independent citizens within their community.
The IMNDA are looking for a Services Administrator to assist in the provision of services to registered clients with Motor Neurone Disease. The Services Administrator will also act in an advisory capacity to the Multi-Disciplinary Team involved with the MND community. Liaise closely with the specialist nurse service and liaise with assessment services (Hospice, Remedial Centre, Hospitals and HSE Community Services)
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Organise the provision of services: aids, appliances, assistive technology, nurse home visits, home help and counseling. This will include the primary role in purchasing, stocktaking, co-ordination of transport, co-ordination of servicing, and co-ordination of storage.
- Maintain and update equipment data and patient data running reports, collating statistical data and preparing for annual audits.
- Maintain the (a) patient mailing list, (b) medical mailing list, (c) supplier mailing list.
- Distribute information to patients, families, health care professionals and statutory and voluntary organisations.
- Provide telephone support to people with Motor Neurone Disease and to refer them to relevant health care professionals as appropriate.
- Work closely with the Services Manager to organize all service driven events such as the Annual General Meeting, Patient Carer weekend, Memorial Day and MND awareness talks,
- Assist the Services Manager in the successful delivery of the Association Visitors Programme.
- Be directly responsible for the Garda Vetting Process for Board members, staff and volunteers.
Essential Skills / Experience:
The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years’ experience in similar role. You will have experience of working with customer relationship management databases specifically Salesforce. Strong computer skills specifically MS Packages (Office, Word, Excel) is essential. It would be an advantage if you had experience working in the Community and Voluntary Sector specifically with vulnerable populations.
To Apply: If you are enthusiastic about the contribution you could make, please email email@example.com with a copy of your most recent CV and a covering letter demonstrating how you could make a valuable contribution to our organisation.