AGM 2019 Presentations- Professor Orla Hardiman
November 11th, 2019
Our AGM took place last month in the Hodson Bay Hotel in Athlone with 140 delegates in attendance.
One of our guest speakers was Professor Orla Hardiman Head of Academic Unit of Neurology Trinity College gave her presentation MND- Time for Optimism.
- What happens in a multidisciplinary clinic and what to expect
- New developments and research to improve outcomes
- Funding for TRICALS (trials consortium to cure ALS). Hopes €40 million will be raised in 5 years to provide a roadmap to new trials
- In Ireland, €800,000 is needed over 3 years to participate in the first TRICALS trials
- Investments made in staff in terms of talent and research
- International genetic research into MND
- New investigator led research
You can see the full presentation here- IMNDA Oct 2019 Orla Hardiman