April 2nd, 2019
We are delighted to announce that thanks to the success of our Drink Tea for MND campaign, we are unveiling a fantastic new program aimed at our primary family caregivers available for 2019.
A “family caregiver” is anyone who provides any type of physical and/or emotional care for someone with MND who is being cared for at home. There are different types of family caregivers:
- Adult children
- Family members
We hope that this new Family Caregiver Support Program will be of benefit to carers right across Ireland over the coming months. We truly respect and appreciate the enormous impact that caregivers have on the lives of their loved ones on a daily basis.
For more information about the program please see our downloadable booklet below. We have implemented a range of new initiatives for family caregivers including:
- Respite (both day and night)
- Counselling including bereavement counselling
- Funding towards holistic therapies to give you some much needed ‘me time’
- Funding towards everyday household duties such as cleaning
- Transport funding for families who may struggle in meeting the cost of travelling to medical appointments
If you or your main caregiver would like more information on the Family Caregiver Support Program, please do not hesitate to contact Johanna, our Information and Support Officer, on (01) 871 7800 or email email@example.com and put Family Caregiver Support Program in the subject line.
*These funds are limited and only available in 2019Family Caregiver Support Program 2019 Brochure