September 6th, 2021
IMNDA Virtual AGM & Conference 2021 – Thursday 30th September
We are really looking forward to welcoming you to our Virtual AGM & Conference. Once again this year we will have a host of fantastic speakers.
Please read on for some notes on the event. You will also find log in details below.
09.15am – 09.30am: Login to AGM through Zoom (you will get this link by registering below)
09.30am – 10:00am: Virtual Annual General Meeting
- Chairperson’s report
- Treasurer’s report
- Other business
- Close of AGM
- 10.15am – 10.20am: Introduction by Jonathan Healy (Facilitator)
- 10.20am – 10.30am: Welcome & Update by Lillian McGovern (CEO of IMNDA)
- 10.30am – 11.15am: MND Research Update 2021 by Prof Orla Hardiman (Professor of Neurology, Academic Unit of Neurology, Trinity College Dublin and Consultant Neurologist at Beaumont Hospital) – Followed by Q&A
- 11.15am – 11.45pm:“People need to know they’re not alone” Updates from the MND caregivers study by Dr Ailin O’Dea (Senior Clinical Psychologist, Academic Unit of Neurology, Trinity College Dublin ) – Followed by Q&A
- 11.45pm -12.15pm: Cognitive and Behavioural Changes in MND by Dr Niall Pender (Principal Clinical Neuropsychologist/Head of Department of Psychology, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin. Associate Professor in Neuropsychology, Trinity College Dublin) – Followed by Q&A
- 12.15pm -12.45pm: Voice & Message Banking by Lesley Doyle (Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapist in Neurology, Beaumont Hospital) & Ciara Fitzsimons (Senior Speech & Language Therapist, CRC)- Followed by Q&A
- 12.45pm -12.50pm: Awarding of Silver Appreciation Pins by Lillian McGovern (CEO IMNDA)
- 12.50pm – 12.55pm: Recap & Thank You by Jonathan Healy (Facilitator)
Please join us from 10.00am. The conference will begin at 10.15am sharp.
- To accommodate the large number of attendees for the event all participants’ videos will be set to OFF and microphones set to MUTE. If you are having trouble hearing or seeing the presenters please use the Chat Box function to communicate with the team.
- The session will be recorded.
Logging in to AGM & Conference:
Once you register you will be sent a link along with a password for the conference. It will also prompt you to create a Zoom account if you do not already possess one. Zoom is free to everyone and it is the secure platform we are using to host this event.
We look forward to your participation.
If you have any questions, please email Derbhla Wynne directly on firstname.lastname@example.org