Our Community Volunteers are the foundation of the IMNDA. As a Community Volunteer you will act as a representative of the Association at events in your area with the upmost professionalism. Fundraising events take place sporadically and whilst we will always endeavour to give as much notice as possible, requests are occasionally made at short notice. Please also bear in mind that at times we may ask you to travel outside of your area and events often take place in the evening.
We require Community Volunteers in all counties in the Republic of Ireland. There is no minimum or maximum amount of time we ask you to give to the IMNDA, everyone’s circumstances are different and we appreciate all offers of help!
Please note the minimum age to be a Community Volunteer is 21 years of age. We request that volunteers are over 21 because of the nature of the work we do and people we support. Meeting families affected by Motor Neurone Disease can be very challenging and emotional at times as well as hugely rewarding and inspirational. Life experience, warmth and empathy is essential.
Our Community Volunteers are:
- Comfortable been placed in an environment where people are dealing with a terminal illness and/or loss
- Strong communicators & confident
- Available and easy to contact
- Organised and flexible
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Drivers or have access to good public transport links
- Experienced in Motor Neurone Disease or an understanding of how the disease affects families.
If this sounds like you please complete the application form below.